1. Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, product and service selections and about your medical history, criminal convictions and driving offences. We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond or speak with you as a customer or prospective customer
- when you visit our website
- when you take out an insurance policy via us
- when you contact us for help
2. Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- Arrange and deliver the products and services that you have requested
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products or services
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail and telephone about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or insurers
- transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose
- where an individual has opted in to received information our services or products
We do not sell personal information to third parties
3. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- we may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company terms and conditions
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so
Our systems have security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access
6. Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. In most cases the period will be for a maximum of 7 years following the expiry of an insurance contract unless we are required to retain the data for a longer period due to business, legal or regulatory requirements. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may, on occasion be stored and processed outside the UK in any other country in which our Company or agents maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
8. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
10. Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated on 8 May 2018. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed.
11. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our practices or have any concerns, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Heath Crawford Ltd
0208 421 7030