Health, Safety and Environmental Consultancy Industry Insurance

81% of policyholders can save money
on their insurance with our advice

Compare Quotes

Health, safety and environmental consultancy industry insurance provides the specialist cover you need if you work in specific industries including:

  • Health and Safety
  • Environmental management
  • Fire safety management

You will provide risk assessment as part of your consultancy process for your clients, but you shouldn’t forget to take the risks to your own business into consideration. Comprehensive insurance cover will ensure you have the peace of mind to operate and grow your business without worrying about having to deal with a potential claim against you.

What does health, safety and environmental consultancy industry insurance include?

You can tailor your individual insurance package to meet the needs of your specific consultancy business, but as a standard level of cover you should include:

1. Professional Indemnity insurance

Professional indemnity insurance is a crucial part of your health, safety and environmental consultancy industry insurance package, as this will protect you from any claims made against you by clients saying that advice you gave was negligent.

A professional indemnity policy might include cover for:

  • Loss of documents or confidential client data
  • Defamation
  • Breach of confidentiality
  • Infringement of intellectual property rights
  • Employee dishonesty

2. Employer’s liability insurance

Even if health and safety is your job, accidents can  – and often do – happen at work. Employer’s liability insurance covers your business if one of your employee sues you for damages due to injury or illness caused at work. This level of cover is a legal requirement.

3. Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance for health, safety and environmental consultants covers you if a member of the public or a client accuses you of damaging their property or injuring them. The costs could quickly escalate for compensation and legal fees. As a consultant in these areas, you will be visiting areas of risk within other people’s working environments and this in turn could put you at risk of liability.

4. Office insurance

Office insurance covers items in your office such as furniture, fixtures and fittings. You are likely to have an office as the base for your consultancy business and it would take a considerable amount of money to replace everything if it was damaged or destroyed. Don’t risk having to temporarily close your business – have the right insurance in place in case of fire, flood or theft.

Much of your time as a consultant will be spent auditing on your clients’ premises, training their staff and implementing health and safety management systems on site so make sure you take out insurance cover for your portable devices such as your laptop, tablet and smartphone too.

5. Business contents insurance

As a consultant you may have a lot of valuable equipment to insure within your business premises. Business contents cover will pay to replace this equipment if it is damaged, lost or stolen.

If you’re interested in Health, Safety and Environmental Consultancy Industry Insurance, please fill in the form below with your contact details and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.