High Value Home Insurance

81% of policyholders can save money
on their insurance with our advice

Get A Quote

What is high value home insurance?

If you invest in high value items, you need to make sure that you insure your high-worth possessions with a sufficient level of cover.

A high value home insurance policy typically has a minimum annual premium of £1,000. The items covered are usually the first items to be taken in a burglary, so you will want to protect them.

High value items range from jewellery to luxury brand watches and fine art, plus electrical items such as state-of-the-art TVs, tablets and computers.

Why do I need high value home insurance?

If you can list some expensive items in your home, you need to consider high value home  insurance cover to protect them.

Standard home insurance policies will often provide cover for high value items such as jewellery, but you will need to have named them on your policy and it is easy to forget to do this. Under a high value home insurance policy, all items will be covered on a worldwide basis.

An insurer will also often ask you to pay a higher premium on the listed items in addition to your standard amount. Not only that, but the regular home insurance will often only pay up to a certain amount for the item, leaving you with a shortfall if the item needs to be replaced

High value items within a high value insurance policy

The specifics of your policy may differ,  but as a rule, the classification of high value items tends to include:

  • Treasured collections such as coins or stamps
  • Antique books
  • Wine cellars
  • Artwork such as paintings or statues
  • Antiques such as vases or ornaments
  • Bicycles
  • Clocks
  • Watches
  • Jewellery
  • Precious metals and stones
  • Musical instruments such as a grand piano

Individual items of jewellery on your policy do not need to be specified if they have a single article limit of less than £10,000. Other than your jewellery and watches, high value art and antique items only need to be specified on your policy if they have a single article limit of £25,000 or higher.

Other property insurance information:

What is Landlord Insurance?

What does Building Insurance cover?

If you’re interested in High Value Home Insurance, please fill in the form below with your contact details and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.